I told you about the changes in Dolphin 2.2 some time ago already. Here is a summary of the last bugs that were fixed during the beta/RC phase:
- Bug 311582: Fix another “View fails to update after changes in the directory” issue. See git commit 74b0d33a.
- Bug 310770: Use the correct default settings for Nepomuk. See git commits 530c743a, fe4bb558, review request 107464.
- Bug 304299: Use only one application instance when opening multiple files if possible. See git commit e45a847d, review request 107305.
- Bug 311782: Do not show “Directory loading has been cancelled” message if an error occurs. See git commit 07ee7c06, review request 107787.
- Use the new Nepomuk2::MetaDataWidget for the Information Panel, which provides many improvements compared to KFileMetaDataWidget. See git commits 487d6dd5, da5b7dcd, 32d5e287.
- Fix crash when browsing contents of Bluetooth device. See git commit 90c7fd40.
- Bugs 262464, 312812, 313992: Show file names in plain text, even if the file name contains HTML tags. See git commits 4e6d2d84, e27c4b3a, f05e18db, 8a97ca66, review requests 108291, 108336, 108307, 108584. Nice example that shows how tricky it can be to get something right that looks extremely trivial.
- Bug 312679: Fix crash when sorting by “Date” and the modification time of some files is close to a shift to/from daylight saving time. See git commit 715f00a9, review request 108309. This was actually caused by the new parallel sorting algorithm – it turned out that comparing dates is not reentrant.
- Bug 311794: Show correct duration for audio files. See git commit d23631d0, review request 108281.
- Bug 314338: Do not delay the popup menu when clicking the “Create New” toolbar button. See git commit 4d9af664, review request 108397.
- Bug 290736: Select the correct item as the new current item after deleting files. See git commit 14e5ba5b, review request 108356.
- Bug 302264: Fix crash when showing version-controlled directories. See git commit a9d7ebbc, review request 107656.
- Use the correct icon size in the “Edit places entry” dialog. See git commit 99f200d2, review request 108443.
- Bug 313151: Allow “timeline” URLs as homepage. See git commit 87a4eb9e, review request 108428.
- Bug 313466: Make the “A folder cannot be dropped into itself” message less intrusive. See git commit c1051731, review request 108483.
- Do not update Nepomuk data more often than necessary. See git commit af280715, review request 108543.
Those who have not upgraded to Dolphin 2.2 yet can enjoy at least the bug fixes that are also in the last bug fix update for Dolphin 2.1:
- Bug 311092: Fix a random crash when closing Dolphin. See git commit 5343a18b.
- Bug 287829: Sort file names correctly when renaming multiple files. See git commit 3a9b3271, review request 107718.
- Bug 294445: Fix problems when renaming a directory which is currently open in the view. See git commit 8141788c.
- Bugs 240820, 308597: Fix problems when renaming a file, and the new name contains a slash. See git commit fb190faa, review request 107681.
- Bug 311246: Fix crash when pasting files. See git commit 6d0f9ada.
- Bug 311206: Rename Inline keyboard focus. See git commit 620f9670, review request 107606.
- Bug 311214: Do not open XML-based office files as folder. See git commit 73283f13.
These changes were made possible by the following people who helped by submitting or testing patches, analysing tricky issues, or providing extremely useful bug reports that made finding even the root cause of mysterious bugs easy: Adrián Chaves Fernández, Andrea Scarpino, Christophe Giboudeaux, David Faure, Emmanuel Pescosta, Hugo Pereira Da Costa, Johann Bergles, Kai Uwe Broulik, Michael Jansen, Sandro Mani, Simeon Bird, Vishesh Handa, and Xuetian Weng. If I forgot anyone, please let me know!
But these are not the only people who helped during the last weeks. Burkhard Lück did a great job keeping the manual up to date, and Christoph Feck and Jekyll Wu deal with a large part of the incoming bug reports. And without translators, the release team, packagers, and sysadmins, we would not be able to ship Dolphin to you.