Last week KDE released the latest bug fix release. It contains the following changes in Dolphin:
- Bug 315298: Fix crash when clicking an action in the context menu for a removed device in the Places Panel. See git commit 547d10aa, review request 108989.
- Bug 299371: Fix blinking when moving the mouse over an hidden item. See git commit 12d41a88, review request 108858.
- Bug 313342: When changing the “Single click/Double click” setting, apply these changes immediately. See git commit 17eeee6b.
- Bug 315315: Prevent expensive re-layoutings when opening folders with many items. See git commit daf12b8e, review request 108984.
- Bug 315210: When deleting an expanded folder which contains filtered files, make sure that those files do not reappear after clearing the filter. See git commit e053ecdc, review request 108976.
- At least the first part of Bug 252483: update the “Trash” icon in the Places Panel after restoring files. See git commit bf7cdfca.
Patches were provided by A. Janardhan Reddy, Aniket Anvit, Aurélien Gâteau, and David Faure – thanks!
If you use the “Show in Groups” feature and you have some files with non-ASCII names, you might be able to help us with a fix for next month’s bug fix release. Currently, some things do not quite work right, see the left side of the screenshot below. We have a patch that makes it look like the right side, but I would like to make sure that we don’t break anything in the 4.10 branch. Feel free to download the patch from the review request, and report any regressions there or in the bug report. Thanks.